Magento SEO Tips & Tricks
Magento is the most SEO friendly eCommerce platform, it gives the user a lot of SEO options including friendly urls for products, categories and different types of meta data for your website.
This being said, it’s pretty much the same for everyone that runs their e-commerce website on Magento. But how can you make a difference and how can you improve ? How can you outrank your competition?
Magento as good as it is SEO wise, it lacks in automation , it won’t affect you if your Magento store has a few products and you take time to edit meta data such as descriptions and titles and other meta for each and every one of those products and categories.
When you are looking at a 1000+ products Magento website the seo game changes a bit and you have to do some further development to make it right.
Magento SEO tips and developments
- 1. Add structured data from schema.org to your product template
- 2. Generate meta data such as description and title from your product/category object.
- 3. Pull the social image from the product image.
- 4. Make sure that the product/category name are the only items in the page that have the h1 tag.
After you are done with the developments and coding in the Magento product and category templates you will need to make sure your website is fast enough.
Other changes you could do to fine tune your Magento SEO:
- 1. Fix your caching system or consider installing Varnish
- 2. Increase memory size allocated for mysql to store more cache (buffer pool size should be 70% of your total ram memory). If you still have issues install mysqltuner, run it for a week and adapt your mysql config from the reports.
- 3. Run regular indexing of your product catalogue
- 3. Review your .htaccess accordingly